RE: ecgs build problem...

Jim Rosenow wrote:

> I ran into this same thing trying to build a cross compiler for Linux based
> on EGCS-1.1.  This problem did not exist for EGCS-1.0.3.  Anyone know how to
> fix it for PowerPC?

 Using quite the same logic as with the 'm68k-coff' target...

 I put the default target for my 'ppc-eabi' compiler to be the 'psim'
simulator which comes with gdb-4.17 (sim/ppc). So I just copied the
'sim' definitions to the 'default' in 'specs'...

For example when 'specs' say:

	*startfile_sim:
	ecrti.o%s sim-crt0.o%s

I set the :

	*startfile_default:
	ecrti.o%s sim-crt0.o%s

and when 'specs' say:

	*endfile_sim:
	ecrtn.o%s

I put:

	*endfile_default:
	ecrtn.o%s

Ok, the method was this, the rest defaults are:

	*link_start_default:
	-Ttext 0x10000074

and

	*lib_default:
	-lc -lsim

> > Paul Breed wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to build a m68k cross compiler to run under win32....
> > > When I try to build the compiler...
> > > It runs for awhile and then :
> > > checking whether the C compiler (/build/egcs/gcc/xgcc -B/build/egcs/gcc/
> > > -O2 ) works... no
> > > configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> > > cannot create executables.
> > >
> > Kai Ruottu wrote:
> >
> >  As the default it cannot create executables. You need to define the
> > linker script, give the libs to link etc.  Simply this means that you
> > must have the target to be known, which 'm68k' board it is, and so on...
> >
> >  As a 'quick and dirty' solution, please just edit the 'specs' in the
> > build directory to have the needed info for some supported target.

To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.