Re: Getting GCC to cross-compile for MIPS

Bret Indrelee's Mail:

> [...]
> cc      gcc
> host    sparc-sun-solaris2
> prefix  /nfs-home/breti/cross-mips
> shell   /bin/csh
> target  mips64-elf
>
> It fails in the 'make all' for gcc.
> $ ../gcc-2.8.1/configure --target=$target --host=$host --prefix=$prefix
> --with-includes=/nfs-home/breti/nec-pmon/include -v
> $ make all
>
> [...]

> There is a ../gcc-2.8.1/mips-tfile.c, but it appears to only be intended
> for native mips compilation. I'm not familiar enough with MIPS to figure
> out what it is supposed to be, it looks to be related to the elf file
> format.
>
> Any suggestions?
Mips-tfile converts symbol table information to the format required
by the native mips assembler.  (See the comment in mips-tfile.c.)

Add --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld as options to configure.  This tells gcc not
to use the native MIPS as and ld (which are not available for cross
compilation).  Of course you need to have binutils (which include as and ld)
configured for mips64-elf installed.

Ciao
	\franz
--
Franz G. Fischer -------------------------------- Franz.Fischer@lpr.ei.tum.de
Lab for Process Control and Real-Time Systems         Phone: +49-89-289-23561