Re: cross-compile from Unix to WIN32

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Scott Howard wrote:

> You can get gcc-2.8.1.tar.gz and binutils-2.9.1.tar.gz from
> ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu, however this is a very busy site and there are mirror
> sites all over the world.  You can get a list of mirror sites from
> ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/GNUinfo/FTP .

Aaargh ... PLEASE DO NOT use nor recommend FSF GCC for x86-win32 targets.
Use EGCS; egcs-1.1 + my patches, or egcs-1.1 distribution that comes with
Cygwin B20 distribution (preferrred since it has all of my changes, plus
a few extra goodies like the K6 patches, no need for GCC_EXEC_PREFIX etc).

Unless of course you don't mind codegen bugs, missing features, etc etc
that has not made it into gcc-2.8.x from egcs, and considering the pace
of FSF GCC2 development, hard to tell how long it will take for that
happen, if ever.

For my patches, see:
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin32/egcs-1.1/patches/

For Cygwin b20 source tree:
  ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/cygwin-b20/dev-src.tar.bz2

Regards,
Mumit

To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.