generating the standard template library

Hi,

I'm trying to add C++ support to my setup. I'm using a MIPS
processor and have the compiler and binutils compiled and
installed. I'd like to be able to use the standard template
library in my programs. I've got libstdc++-2.8.1.1 configured
but the make wants to compile lots of libraries I don't need.

(I was willing to let it do that until it started to fail in
ways I don't think it should - libio.a wants files that don't
get created)

Is there some way to get just the header files installed so
I can use the container classes in the template library? Do
I need to compile the functions in libstdc++ to use these?

Can I just copy these from the native setup I have on my sparc
along with a correct version of _G_config.h?

Thanks,
 - Joel