Re: GDB build for a crosscompiler...

Several responses I recievied lead me to believe that I might be
 doing something fundamentally wrong.

I want to build GDB to run under cygwin and use it to remote debug
an m68k-coff target.

I used
>configure --verbose --target=m68k-coff --prefix=/gcc-m68k

Is this the proper setting?
If it isn't, how whould I figure out the proper setting without
bothering the mailing list?

Lastly I'm using
cygwin B20.1
Binutils 2.9.1 (With Dave Fiddes coldfire patches)
EGCS 1.1.2
gdb-4.17 (Where can I find 4.17.1?)

Paul