Re: OK, OK, HELP!!!!

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Matt Stack wrote:

> Please help:
>
> I need to run gcc on a PC running windows 95 and compile for an embedded
> sparc v8 environment.
>
> How do I get gcc to cross compile?  It will not re-compile from the source
> with sparc target, it claims there are some files missing.  CYGWIN claims to
> be able to compile to v8, but can not, as I have tried it.  Every compiler I
> get from GNU that claims to compile to sparc v8 doesn't.  THERE MUST BE
> SOMETHING I AM MISSING.
>
> HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!

My guess is that you are using the native compiler which produces x86
code.  The gcc manual documents ALL of the switches that gcc supports
indpendent of the host/target.  You will have to build a cross compiler.

See the crossgcc instructions or the "Getting Started with RTEMS for C/C++
Users" manual.

--joel