Re: Problem building binutils

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 06:00:10PM -0600, Dave Hansen wrote:

> I looked at Mumit's patches, but haven't applied them yet, mainly
> because I dreaded re-writing the patched files with Unix EOL.  I
> followed Dave's suggestions for building egcs 1.1.1 (except I have
> 1.1.2, and newlib 1.8.1).  Configure seemed to work, and "make cross"
> ran for about 20 minutes, then died because of a compile failure.  It
> looks like configure generated a .h file with mismatched parentheses.

rewriting with EOL?

I just built some variants of egcs-1.1.2 on a CYGWIN (20.1) environment
running on NT 4.0 - I did not have to convert anything, CYGWIN should take
care of CR/LF (except when you have the disk mounted in binary mode - that
will spoil the whole thing).

gcc compiled just fine, it failed somewhere in the multilib build process -
when I took these out (I do not need them anyway - a config switch which
turns all unnecessary libs off would be nice), everything worked fine.

(although I prefer building and using gcc under Unix - however, sometimes you
can't choose ...)

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen