Re: CrossGCC FAQ update.

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 12:28:07AM +0000, Brendan Simon wrote:

> I think the library section can be elaborated upon.  What is libiberty ?  Do
> I need it ?  Do I have a choice ?

Correct. And:
 - how do I turn off building all these multilib options when all I need is a
   libgcc.a for a single target architecture?
 - how do I disable building all these other libraries I do not need, but
   which cause compilation errors sometimes?

Hacking around in the auto-generated Makefiles works, but obviously is not
the optimal solution. Usually, when building a cross-egcs, I really need
only the compiler and those libraries that are absolutely necessary - ie.
those that contain routines which the compiler automatically generates calls
to. I will provide everything else on my own in my embedded environment ...

> Maybe a section on ELF and a section on the specs file.  This could be
> minimal introduction stuff with pointers to more detailed documentation.

Yup, that might be a good idea, too.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen