Re: CrossGCC FAQ update.

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 01:17:51PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> I should add that these options are documented in the GCC info files. The
> above ones are under "Fragments->Target Fragment" in gcc.texi. It is also
> worth looking at MULTILIB_DEFAULTS in "Target Macros->Driver" in tm.texi,
> which I forgot to mention. With the example above, MULTILIB_DEFAULTS would
> be defined in gcc/config/m68k/m68k-none.h (although this file is included
> from the specific m68k files as it happens on m68k).

AH - got me on that one. I have loked in the info files on several
occasions, but not at this time (because I had no info browser when building
under cygwin).

> If you're using the "build from one tree" approach (as you should), you
> shouldn't need to change the makefile, I believe. It should detect what is
> and is not present.

Correct. The problem was that there were some libraries which were present,
but failed to compile, and which I did not need anyway. However, I had to
remove them from the makefile to be able to do a "make install".

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen