Placing Functions in Data Segment

Hi all,

I am using ECGS 1.1.1 for 68K (provided by Object Software) and have a need
to place a small number of functions into the data segment. The reason
being that these functions do programming of flash memory so they cannot
run from flash. The data segment is copied from Flash to RAM during the
startup process so this is a very convenient way of getting the code from
Flash to RAM.

Currently I have compiled my C code to assembler and then modified the
assembler file directly to place the functions into the data segment. This
is a bit of a maintenance hassle and I would prefer some way of using the C
file directly. Is there a pragma or some other special keyword, linker
option, anything at all that would allow me to instruct the compiler to
place these functions into the data segment.

Alternately is there a better way to run my code from RAM. It would have to
be good though because this method seems quite effective to me.

TIA
David Williams
DLC Software P/L
davidwilliams@ozemail.com.au