RE: NT cross compiler for Linux

Hello,

> I actually use Cygwin for building all my cross-compilers. I do have a
> Linux->Cygwin setup and can do a Canadian Cross but I don't usually bother
> because it's as much hassle rebooting into Linux as it is to just
> build the tools in NT.

I've seen this on the list quite a few times now, what is a "Canadian"
Cross?

> My docs for ColdFire/m68k cross-compiler rebuilding can be found
> in the docs
> section of http://www.users.surfaid.org/~fiddes/coldfire/ these
> should work for most other types of Cygwin hosted cross-compiler.

I'm glad I found this. For me building on my NT server is much more
attactive/faster than on the small Linux box which has much too less
power.

But I found it making the same problem to me than I had on Linux (still
waiting for my first egcs x-compiler) it says:

"You must find a way to build libgcc.a".

Now my question of of course, how do I build that lib? It seems that
libgcc.a is not found in Altavista and similar, so I have to bother
the list with it, sorry.

As to my setup: Linux 2.2.5 with egcs 1.1.x and binutils 2.8.x I think
and Win32 with latest egsc 1.2.2 and binutils 2.9.1 I think.

What's wrong?

	Greetings, Kay Hayen

--
http://kayhayen.com/content to learn about efficient patching technology