RE: Elf vs Coff

How do you know if a Gnu based compiler is using elf or coff format? For
instance I build a native compiler for HP-UX and a cross-compiler (that runs
on HP-UX) for SCO . then there's the compilers that run on Unixware - UDK
and EGCS Skunkware. Do you know the format for each of those or how to find
out? Nothing critical, but I'm just curious.

Larry Langerholc
e-mail: larry.langerholc@icn.siemens.com
phone: (561)-997-3789