Re: use of fork,pipe and kill in collect2 of cross gcc

  In message <Pine.OSF.3.96.991108081825.6842A-100000@alpha3.csd.uwm.edu>you wr
ite:
  > I had a similiar situation and someone helped me out on this list :)
  >
  > Just remove the collect2 assignment in gcc/Makefile after you've
  > configured:
  >
  > $(COLLECT2) =
  >
  > Or something like that, it might be $(USE_COLLECT2) instead.
  >
  > Does anyone know the purpose of collect2?  If it's removed as a target, it
  > doesn't break anything, but opting it out of configure.in still adds it to
  > the makefile...why?
Yes it will break things..   It's there for a reason.  In particular removing
it is likely to break exception handling, and ctors/dtors on some targets.

Please don't ever suggest removing something when you do not understand wha
its purpose is.

jeff