long long support in printf?

Hi All,

I was looking through the source printf() in newlib source and noticed that
it has "ll" and "q" flags that indicate that the integer is a long long (ie
64 bits). When using this flag GCC happily accepts the flags and the
subsequent long long arguments without warning of argument mismatch - so
far so good. However when it executes it only outputs the highest 32 bits.

I notices that in the source for printf() (vfprintf.c) there are
conditional compiles using symbol _NO_LONGLONG. At the top of the file this
symbol is defined.

I am currently using binaries of GCC made available by David Fiddes and
Scott Howard. Neither of these seem to support long long integers.

What is the best method of getting support for these. Do I have to
recompile newlib myself? If so where is the best place to start?

TIA
David Williams.