RE: GCC: Inefficient register usage?

I'm still using gcc 2.7.2.3 and quite happy with it. But it produces the
same ugly code for the Christopher's example:

        moveb -2:w,d0
        orb #64,d0
        moveb d0,-2:w

So I think that the problem existed before the EGCS initiative. Look for
Kai Ruottu's letter "volatile again" from 27 Jan 2000 to get more
information.

	Sergey