Re: error on building egcs1.1.2 (cc1plus.ex)

John Nguyen wrote:

> could any one out there tell me what I am doing wrong.

 You are using Windoze as the build host ;-)

> I am trying to build m68k-aout cross gcc for 98/nt for cpu32 (68360).
> I am setting up cygwin B20.1 as emulation environment, source
> packets to build are
>   binutils-2.10.tar.gz,egcs-1.1.2.tar.gz and newlib-1.8.2.taz.gz. I
> got binutil build Ok,but
>   when I build EGCS it gave me an error :
> gcc: ../hash.o
> : No such file or directory
> does any body know what I did wrong, or do I need any patch for this
> egcs1.1.2 release,  please help!

 At least you will need the Mumit Khan's egcs-1.1.2 patches for Win32
host/target.  But what patches you would need for Cygwin b20.1 to get
it working more like an Unix, I don't know...  I have built and continue
to build all my Cygwin/Mingw-hosted stuff under Linux...

 Your problem is related to your build host (Cygwin), so asking this on
the Cygwin maillist would give some advices...

 BTW, for those who are 'allowed' to use a real Unix and want to build
GNU stuff for Win32, but want prebuilt Win32-target tools, being too
lazy :-) to build them first, here is one toolset mentioned for
Linux-to-Mingw: