Re: linker script filename extension

   Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:00:18 +0200 (EET)
   From: <jani@virtualro.ic.ro>

   could anybody tell me what the extensions of the linker script
   files stand for ?They have names like

	   target.[x|xbn|xu|xn|xr|xs]

First I'm going to say that it doesn't matter.  There is no functional
purpose to those names.  If you think it does matter, then you are
probably making a mistake.

However, there is an answer.  From ld/genscripts.sh:

# A .x script file is the default script.
# A .xr script is for linking without relocation (-r flag).
# A .xu script is like .xr, but *do* create constructors (-Ur flag).
# A .xn script is for linking with -n flag (mix text and data on same page).
# A .xbn script is for linking with -N flag (mix text and data on same page).
# A .xs script is for generating a shared library with the --shared

Ian