Re: PowerPC Toolchain.

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 Rolf.Barwick@aculab.com wrote:

> Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:30:04 -0000
> From: Rolf.Barwick@aculab.com
> To: crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com
> Subject: PowerPC Toolchain.
>
> Hi,
> 	I wish to build a GNU Toolchain for a new PowerPC embedded system,
> using S-records.   I am sure it can be done, though I run into tool building
> problems with the options I have used up to now.
> My questions:
> 	What --target= option should I be using for the configure script?

--target=powerpc-eabi

> 	Are there any special makefile targets which need to be specified
> for a cross compiler for generating low-level code?   (That is I haven't yet
> written the OS libraries).

No, the configure script will generate the correct targets.

> Thanks,
> Rolf Barwick
>
> www.aculab.com
>
> Aculab Plc,
> Lakeside,
> Bramley Road,
> Mount Farm,
> Milton Keynes,
> Bucks
> MK1 1PT
>
> Tel: +44 (0) 1908 273917
> Fax: +44 (0) 1908 273801
>

> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

Hans Dulimarta, Ph.D.                  dulimart@computer.org
P: 517-432-7589             http://www.egr.msu.edu/~dulimart
F: 760-281-7691             http://corelinux.sourceforge.net
Elec. & Comp. Engg., Mich. State Univ., E. Lansing, MI 48824