Re: gdb-4.18 for H8/300H

Hansjuergen Dreuth wrote:

> I also tried to download several current snapshots of gdb from
> ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/gdb
>
> For reasons I do not understand I was not able to unpack these
> *.bz2 files although appearently the bzip2 version of my SuSe Linux
> Distribution 6.3 is up to date (version 0.9.5). I tried several
> downloads but bzip2 always complained the file was corrupt.

The first thing to do is grab the md5.sum file from that same ftp
directory, run md5sum on the file you downloaded, and see if the
checksums match.

I ran bzip2 -t (test) on all of the files in that directory -- all of
them passed.  I haven't heard of problems for anyone else uncompressing
files from this directory, so for now I'd assume that there is some
problem on your side.

Jason
Free the Software!