Re: Breakpoint problem when running on gdb-4.18 arm/thumb simulator target

"Lim, Sung-taek" wrote:

> I built gdb-4.18 as arm (or thumb) target and tested a simple program which
> was compiled with arm-elf(or thumb-elf) target cross gcc. gdb abnormally exits
> running the program when reached any breakpoint.

 Generally for the ARM-target it would be better to try the GDB snapshots. I don't
remember this phenomen from my gdb-4.18.x's, but perhaps I had updated some ARM-stuff
from the snapshots before building my first GDB for arm-elf...

 Some targets had their 'opcodes' changed for the simulated 'breakpoint' instruction,
perhaps ARM was one of these. Anyway the synchronization between the binutils, GCC and
GDB hasn't been the best, and one must try more than one release before getting the
toolset to work. For arm-elf the '991130' and newer binutils seem to be broken. The
linked executables will not load into older or current GDBs (like Insight).

> the  patch can be found at:
> http://poppy.snu.ac.kr/~totohero/arm-linux/gdb-4.18-dal-patch

 I will download this and compare with my current 'gdb-4.18.2' (just a workname)
sources...

Cheers, Kai