gdbstubs library posted at sourceforge

Guys:

I just moved my gdbstubs library to sourceforge.net.  Go to their home
page, and search for "gdbstubs".

The release license is LGPL.

This library is the kind of thing that's designed to be burnt into chips
on an EDK (or proprietary hardware), and/or downloaded to a remote
target as part of an application being debugged.  It uses a subset of
the standard gdb remote serial protocol, and should be viewed as a
complement to the gdbserver stuff I've seen discussed here, and not a
competitor.

The current library supports the Hitachi SH-2 architecture/7045edk
platform only, because that's the EDK I have available to me.  The
library is intended for reuse, however, and others have ported it with
minimal effort (I've asked said individuals to contribute as well).

The short list of things I would like to see added:

* support for other architectures and platforms
* agent expression engine (a.k.a. "tracepoints")
* various portability enhancements (documented in TODO)

If anyone wants to see this library grow (I do!), drop me an email and
I'll add you to the CVS commit list.  This library is my *primary* code
source for my own stubs, and as I do work on additional targets and
architectures then I'll contribute as well.

I'll also take suggestions on how to manage the project--- I'm not
exactly skilled in the art of extreme multitarget development, at least
not yet. :^)

b.g.

--
William A. Gatliff