Re: gdbstubs library posted at sourceforge

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 05:33:20PM -0800, Scott Howard wrote:
> The Gnu iostream package is licensed under GPL; however, the documentation
> includes the following text:
>
> As a special exception, if you link this library with files compiled with a
> GNU compiler to produce an executable, this does not cause the resulting
> executable to be covered by the GNU General Public License. This exception
> does not however invalidate any other reasons why the executable file might
> be covered by the GNU General Public License.
>
> Would something like this do the trick?

I thought about this, too. However, maybe an addition might be  needed in
the direction that if you use the library, you may do so, *but* you have to
supply the source code of the library in the form you use. That would mean
you can ship a product with the library in it, without the need to give out
object files for your product. However, if you have made improvements to the
library, you have to give them back to the community.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen