Guys:

This isn't exactly a problem I'm having now, but I'm still curious about
its solution, because it seems likely to come up at some point...

Let's say that my target's memory map is physically fragmented, and so
there are several noncontinuous memory regions where code/data can be
stored.  For example, let's say that I have a 256k flash at address 0,
another one at address 0xc00000, and another one at address 0xff000000.

Let's also say that I can distribute code/data across these sections
uniformly, i.e. I don't care whether a particular bit of content goes
into flash A, B, or C-- it just needs to go into one of them.

As I understand the linker command syntax, there is no way to tell the
linker that it can distribute my application's memory image across these
noncontinuous regions automatically, in any manner it chooses.  The only
solution appears to be to define three distinct regions in the MEMORY
statement, and then put a lot of verbage in the SECTIONS statement that
does the allocations manually.

Or am I missing something?

b.g.

--