Re: Problems linking test code with newly built crossGCC

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Jeff Lasslett wrote:
> 	I am now having troubles linking a simple bit of test code.  The
code
> compiles just fine but ld spits the dummy along with the error messages
> shown below.  It seems to me that gcc/ld cannot find the libs they require.
> I have tried using -L and -l to indicate which libs gcc/ld should use but to
> no avail.
> 	Incidentally, I am using newlib 1.8.2

Hi Jeff,

I did take a look at the error messages given by ld and seems to me that
either the default linker script is not good or is not found at all. The
_start symbol should be defined in the crt0.o file (which is the start
file typically included when you link with the C library)

If you want more informations about the parameters gcc gives to the other
tools use the -v switch in you gcc command line.

For me it seems to be an installation problem, but I'm far from being an
expert so I can be wrong...

As an alternative you can try to build your own linker script.

Hope this will help a bit.

bye