Announcement: Newlib CVS access created

Hi newlib-fans,

Some of you may know that Cygnus / Red Hat has been slowly opening up more
and more of our source.  We're doing more development in ways that allow
our work to be seen externally so that outside contributions are encouraged.

Traditionally, the newlib source is only made available as static
snapshots of our internal repository.  External users are given packaged
releases from time to time that include up to a year's worth of fixes and
enhancements.  While we will continue to do this, we would like to
announce the availability of our ever-changing newlib source code repository
through anonymous CVS and web-based CVS.

The Newlib home page (http://sourceware.cygnus.com/newlib) has been updated
with the following information:

<<<<<
AVAILABILITY

You can access the newlib source in a few ways:

Recent source snapshots

  Source snapshots are available as gzipped tar files via anonymous FTP from
  the newlib ftp directory (ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/newlib/index.html).
  New snapshots are packaged and released from time to time.

Anonymous CVS read-only access to the newest source

    cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src login
    {enter "anoncvs" as the password}
    cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src co newlib

Read-only web-based CVS access to the newest source

    You can use the cvsweb interface
    (http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src?cvsroot=src).

MAILING LISTS/BUGS

questions, and reporting bugs. There is the newlib web archive
(http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/newlib/) if you'd like to browse the list
discussions.

CVS commit messages are automatically sent to
newlib-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com so that people can see changes. Don't send
messages to this list, it's automated. Feel free to browse the newlib-cvs web
archive (http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/newlib-cvs/).

embedded development with the GNU tools. You can also check out the crossgcc
web archive (http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/crossgcc/).

That's all for now.  If you haven't been to http://sourceware.cygnus.com for
a while then you may want to pay a visit and see what's going on.

-----
Ranjith Kumaran (ranjith@cygnus.com)
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat Company
416-482-2661 Ext. 303