RE: Error building GCC for ARM-elf on Cygwin 1.1.6

   Hi there,

>> The build failed with the following error:

>> _muldi3
>> In file included from /src/gcc/gcc-2.95.
>> include/stddef.h:1: Invalid token in exp
>
>I can't be entirely sure since I haven't come across this before, but it
>may be a problem with CRLFs. What happens when you type "mount" at a cygwin
>bash prompt? Did you unpack the sources in the way the web page said?

   I get this all the time too.  I don't know why, since my target headers
lives on a textmode mount, and my build directory is mounted binary; I
guess the configure process copies them (from the directory indicated by
--with-headers= to the $prefix/$target/sys-include directory) in binary
mode in a way that bypasses the CRLF translation somehow.  Anyway, what
I do when I see this is

  pushd gcc/include
  find . -name \*.h -ls -exec dos2unix \{\} \;
  popd

and carry on with the build.  dos2unix is a shell script in /bin that says:

  #!/bin/sh
  tr -d '\015'

  Perhaps if I tried the find command in my sys-include directory that would
fix it, but I haven't been that bothered by it.

     hth,
        DaveK
--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com