RE: -Qy

Hi guys,
  I'm working with Joe in attempting to get this xcomplilation going and
thanks ahead of time for the help!

  We do have problems with the standard prefix (/usr/local) because we are
using the Cygnus tools on NT; they installed into the x:/cygwin directory
rather then the / dir (I'm using the standard cygwin install.)  I've gotten
past that issue by specifying c:/cygwin/usr with locates everything as
needed (note that the drive specification is required.  BTW: I completely
agree with you on using the standards/defaults, , I wish I had a Linux node
to do the work on.

  The version of as I'm using is the proper one.  What the issue appears to
be is that somehow the build seems to think that we're on sys V, which
generates the -Qy and where it would be valid.  I can see no place where the
option is generated -- it's not present in any of the files used in
configure or make.  I can't see where the system would be picking up sys V
from either.

  Here's the line I use to invoke configure:
./configure --target=i686-pc-Linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-cygwin32 --build=i686-
pc-cygwin32 --prefix=c:/cygwin/usr/usr

  Any more pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Have Fun
Rich Wallick