RE: New CrossGCC FAQ maintainer needed?

> >I know that the official Cross GCC FAQ was a disaster for me.
>
>   I second this.  The cross gcc FAQ is now so out-of-date it's a
> liability; an awful lot of the questions on this list are from people
> who have followed the procedures in the FAQ and run up
> against problems
> that it makes no mention of.  For example, a section on
> target headers is
> much needed; and perhaps a bit about the dangers of line ends when
> building under cygwin.

Nothing much to add, this is all too right.

>   If you're serious about this, I've got some bits of documentation on
> my website that could make the basis for some new answers in the FAQ;
> I'll post them to the list sometime in the next few days (my time is
> quite busy at the moment) and we can collectively start bashing an
> updated FAQ into shape.
>
>   Stephen, can you post the URL of Mumit's HOWTO, please?

There was Mumit's post listing his HOWTO's:

----clip---------------------------------
Those of you building various cross-compilers for newlib-based targets
on Cygwin (should work on other hosts as well) may be interested in
the following HOWTOs.

* Building Linux dev tools hosted on Cygwin.
  http://www.nanotech.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/cygwin-to-linux-
cross-howto.txt

  Shows how to build a Linux 2.4.0 kernel on Cygwin host after you're
done
  building the cross-toolchain.

* Building a newlib-based target hosted on Cygwin?<br>
  http://www.nanotech.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/cygwin-to-newlib
-cross-howto.txt

  I used powerpc-eabi target as an example, but others applicable just
  as well.

All quite trivially scriptable; I do believe however that it's much more
instructive to see what needs to be done and how it's done before using
someone else's script.

I welcome suggestions, fixes, updates, elaborations, criticisms, etc.
Email asking for hand-holding someone through the process however will
go into the proverbial bit-bucket. Likewise for questions on specific
boards and other things not related to the mechanism of building the
development tools.

Regards,
Mumit

I can post my own cooking recipe to get an arm-linux-gcc, although
I didn't make it as far as getting a C++ compiler (it works fine
for C applications though)

Y.