porting existing HP-UX to Linux

Hello everybody, (-- "hello doctor nick!")

We have currently a development system, consisting of a HP PA-RISC station +
emulator for a 68040 board which has been developed in-house.

Because of numberous problems and annoyances, we have decided to start
porting *everything* to a Linux PC platform.

The 68040 cross-compiler has been made succesfully and is outputting
excellent code (in s-records, so we can flash it on a ROM).

Now we have a small problem. We have an ethernet-based emulator from HP (HP
Emulator series 64700) which we used to debug/trace our code.
We would like to either :
- make the damn thing work under Linux
- make use of the GDB in one way or another to debug our code on the target
board.

Does anybody has similar experience/problem in this topic ? (might be for
another target too)
I know this is slightly off-topic, but I think most people at the crossgcc
mailinglist are dealing with things like this.

All hints are greatly appreciated,
Jan