Re: cygwin arm-elf-linux gcc build failure

> From: Kai Ruottu <kai.ruottu@luukku.com>
> >
> > I don't know if uClinux is some embedded variant,

Yes, that's what it is.

> > but it probably still needs glibc rather than newlib.

An hour ago I thought newlib was the embeded version of
glibc, but now I feel confused.  Was I confused before,
and just feeling it now?

>  Why on earth complicate matters with trying to build from scratch?
>  Building from the sources needs some strong reason.

Heresy!  Everyone has the right to use the source, and it
should be encouraged, lest building from source become a
lost art.

>  I built my 'arm-linux-gnu' toolset by first compiling GCC
> My 'strong reasons' were that I thought I can handle this

Good for you.  May many others follow the same path to
wisdom.

>  Generally it sounds absurd that someone could be a novice
> and to be the first to build binutils+gcc+glibc for
> something called 'uClinux-2.4' for

Somebody has to be first.  I it stands to reason that the
first to build for an OS that is unfamiliar to the crossgcc
people will be unfamiliar with crossgcc.

--
     -- Keith Wright  <kwright@free-comp-shop.com>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>
         ---  Food, Shelter, Source code.  ---