Need help building multi architecture linux's

I will be attempting to port Linux to multiple embedded platforms,
mostly as an attempt to get a better understanding of linux in the
embedded world.

As a result I have to build a toolchin for each of m68k, m5200, and ppc
that produces elf formatted output.

I've collected the following for tools:

binutils-2.10.1.tar.gz
gcc-core-2.95.3.tar.gz
glibc-2.2.2.tar.gz
make-3.79.tar.gz

And I've got linux-2.0.38.tar.gz for the kernel.

I'm in a quandry over how to build the compilers/glibc such that I get
a compiler that can be used to build both the kernel, as well as the
applications I'll drop on top of it.

Can anybody give my a pointer to where I can find info on the best way
to accomplish this?

I'm assuming that I'll need to specify --with-headers=, but do I point
it at glibc, or the linux kernel headers?

I'd just be happy to be avble to build the kernel for now.  Once I get
that going I can probably figure out the rest.

Thanks in advance,

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)