Cross compiler make can't find files.

Well, I’ve been tasked with updating and cleaning up our gcc cross
compilers.

The company has been using version 2.95.1 and I’m trying to upgrade to
2.95.3

I’ve installed a i686 Linux native version of the compiler into a new
directory (so as to not mess up the rest of the developers while I get
the compiler up and fully sane.  I’ve changed my local path to look
first for the new compiler.  This appears to work fine.

When I try to make a cross compiler is when I run into problems.

I have no problems when I run configure, but when I run make, it fails
because it claims it can’t find stdlib.h and uinstd.h.

These files exist in my /usr/include directory.  Configure reported that
it found them.

So I’m lost as to what the problem is.

These are no stdlib.h and uinstd.h in my native gcc directory tree.
Should there be?

Why can configure find the files but not build?

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Stuart Kenny
Solidum Systems