Re: trying to make a cygwin target crosscompiler

>>> Kai Ruottu <karuottu@freenet.hut.fi> 04/23/01 05:17pm >>>
> I'm trying to make a cross compiler targeted to a i586-pc-cygwin32.
> The sources from I'm trying to generate the cross compiler are:
> binutils-2.11, gcc-2.95.3,
> newlib-1.9.0 and gdb-5.0
If you use the official gcc-2.95.3 package, you will not get a working compiler for
Windows. You need a lot of patches.

> The alternative Mingw packages the 'runtime' headers and libs nicely,
> so probably the Cygwin too...
If you want to use a MinGW cross compiler (target=i386-mingwmsvc),
you can use my script to build it. You can get it
from http://members.telering.at/jessich/mingw -> Cross Compilation ->
cross_mingw.sh(.gz). I use the official packages of binutils, gcc, mingw and
w32api. If you want to use binutils-2.11 you can try it. I will do this in the next
weeks, but currently I have no time. You need no other things than the source
package. My script generates also the runtime libraries.

I don't  know if you know what MinGW, go to http://www.mingw.org.
The problem with cygwin is, that you need the cygwin1.dll and this library is
not available under the LGPL. They use the Cygwin Licence.
If you still want to use cygwin, you can use the official cygwin-gcc source package.
Maybe the gcc-patches included in my script together with the official gcc-2.95.3
package will work also.

Regards,
     Reinhard

--
 Ing. Reinhard Jessich                Phone: +43/1/81150/2395
 Software Design                      Fax: +43/1/81150/2299