Re: glibc vs. newlib in build processes (was:BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKE R ld.so)

>... except it makes me wonder how they bring up a crossdevelopment
>environment from scratch, like when moving Linux over to a new
>target.
>
>Probably newlib.

No, of course not.  Exactly the same way you bootstrap a normal cross compiler
from sources: you build a minimal gcc with --enable-languages=c, use that
compiler to build glibc, then worry about C++ and stuff.

Newlib just doesn't enter into the picture at all for any Linux target.

p.