[new] Please Help.. CrossGCC for arm-uclinux Using Gatliff's Method and Wirespeed Toolchain - So Close...

Hello,

Sorry...  I looked at the wrong Makefile in a different libiberty directory.

The following is the modified version of my problem:
===============
I'm very new to the GNU toolchain.  I really need some help...
I'm trying to build a cross GNU toolchain for arm-uclinux on RedHat 7.0.

The toolchain set that I'm using is from the WireSpeed ftp site:
ftp://ftp.wirespeed.com/uClinux
=======================================
arm_uclinux_binutils_10_31_2000.tar.gz
arm_uclinux_gcc_10_31_2000.tar.gz
uC-glibc-2.1.3-10112000.tar.gz
=======================================

I had a tough time going through the toolchain building process until
I found Bill Gatliff's FAQ site at:
http://crossgcc.billgatliff.com/
which I found making more sense than getting pre-built target headers
from others.

There's no option for arm-uclinux in Gatliff's script so I followed
it even though I can only guess the meaning from the bash script.
(Linux newbie...)  I was able to get through the core gcc and the
glibc process without any error.  When I got back to complete the
full gcc build, there was a [needed-list] make error.
I tried to look at the makefile but just could not comprehend.
The error message is as follows:
===================================
[snip..]
Adding multilib support to Makefile in ../../../../../arm-uclinux-
gcc/libiberty
with_multisubdir=pic/soft
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/uclinux_wirespeed/build-gcc/arm-
uclinux/libiberty'
rm -f needed-list; touch needed-list; \
for f in atexit calloc memchr memcmp memcpy memmove memset rename
strchr strerror strrchr strstr strtol strtoul tmpnam vfprintf vprintf
vfork waitpid bcmp bcopy bzero; do \
  for g in  ; do \                     [empty list?]
    case "$g" in \
      *$f*) echo $g >> needed-list ;; \
    esac; \
  done; \
done
/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
/bin/sh: -c: line 1: `rm -f needed-list; touch needed-list;  for f in
atexit calloc memchr memcmp memcpy memmove memset rename strchr
strerror strrchr strstr strtol strtoul tmpnam vfprintf vprintf vfork
waitpid bcmp bcopy bzero; do  for g in  ; do  case "$g" in  *$f*)
echo $g >> needed-list ;;  esac;  done;  done'
make[1]: *** [needed-list] Error 2

The corresponding needed-list target section of the Makefile is as follows:
01   # needed-list is used by libstdc++.  NEEDED is the list of functions
02   # to include there.  Do not add anything LGPL to this list; libstdc++
03   # can't use anything encumbering.
04   NEEDED = atexit calloc memchr memcmp memcpy memmove memset rename
strchr \
05     strerror strrchr strstr strtol strtoul tmpnam vfprintf vprintf \
06     vfork waitpid bcmp bcopy bzero
07   needed-list: Makefile
08    rm -f needed-list; touch needed-list; \
09    for f in $(NEEDED); do \
10      for g in $(LIBOBJS) $(EXTRA_OFILES); do \
11        case "$$g" in \
12          *$$f*) echo $$g >> needed-list ;; \
13        esac; \
14      done; \
15    done
where in Line 10, LIBOBJS and EXTRA_OFILES are both assigned to nothing thus
causing the error.
        LIBOBJS =
        EXTRA_OFILES =

Is it why the error is generated?  I have no idea what went wrong...  Any
hint?

There are other entries involved with LIBOBJS and EXTRA_OFILES:
==========================
$(REQUIRED_OFILES) $(EXTRA_OFILES) $(LIBOBJS) $(ALLOCA): stamp-picdir

stamp-picdir:
        if [ x"$(enable_shared)" = xyes ] && [ ! -d pic ]; then \
          mkdir pic; \
        else true; fi
        touch stamp-picdir
==========================
If you're interested, I can send you the whole Makefile and other stuff if
needed.  I don't want to make my posting too long...

I don't know if this is a configuration error or not.  Here is my
configuration of the full-gcc:
../arm-uclinux-gcc/configure --prefix="/opt/arm-uclinux-tools" --
target=arm-uclinux --enable-languages=c,c++ --with-local-
prefix=/opt/arm-uclinux-tools/arm-uclinux 2>&1 | tee configure_gcc.log

I really appreciate Gatliff's effort of making the FAQ.  Maybe after
I'm through with this, he can add the arm-uclinux option in the one-
step build script and benefit others interested in arm-uclinux. : )

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Best regards,

Brian