RE: strange problem: gcc use incorrect AS

  Sorry, you have to configure gcc and binutils using the same prefix;
that represents an assumption that is hard coded into an awful lot of
places.  As you have seen, the prefix is hardcoded into the cross gcc,
which is why the build failed when the cross gcc was trying to compile
libgcc for the target.  Gcc doesn't search the PATH setting for binutils;
the reason that you need to add them to your path as part of the build
process is so that the makefiles and shell scripts can find them, it makes
no difference to the new compiler itself.

>--prefix=/usr/local/swtools/binutils
>--prefix=/usr/local/swtools/gcc

  Can I suggest using --prefix=/usr/local/swtools/cross-tools for both, for
example?

        DaveK
--
we are not seats or eyeballs or end users or consumers.
we are human beings - and our reach exceeds your grasp.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com