Re: Newcommer with MPC565

Eddy:

> What executable format should I use and can I use GDB to download my
> program, set breakpoints and so on?

You probably want the ELF format.  You can use gdb for debugging if
your target has (or you write) a debugging stub.

> Can I program the flash on the MPC555 or MPC 565 with GDB or any
> similar tool?

If it can be done in software, you can do it with GNU.  You may need
to write the code to do it, however.

> Where can I find more Information about using the GNU programming
> tools together with the MPC5xx?

You're already at one of the best places--- the crossgcc mailing list.

See also the updated, Not Ready For Prime Time crossgcc FAQ at
http://crossgcc.billgatliff.com, and see some articles in ESP magazine
related to GNU tools (http://www.espmag.com, search for "gatliff" or
"gnu").

For debugging stubs, see the gdbstubs project at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdbstubs.

HTH,

b.g.
--