RE: How to test win32->PowerPC(860) cross complier

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply.
I am tryging to understand the *.exe files produced
by cross- compilation process.

I have a question regarding this.
I see there are two variants certain executable file
under two catalgues like, once catalogue containing:
C:\cygwin\usr\local\powerpc-unknown-eabi\bin
**************************
ar.exe
as.exe
gcc.exe
ld.exe
nm.exe
ranlib.exe
strip.exe
*********************************

and the other one
/usr/local/bin  containging the following files:

*********************************
cpp.exe
gcov.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-addr2line.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-ar.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-as.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-c++.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-c++filt.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-g++.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-gasp.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-gcc.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-ld.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-nm.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-objcopy.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-objdump.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-protoize.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-ranlib.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-readelf.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-size.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-strings.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-strip.exe
powerpc-unknown-eabi-unprotoize.exe

As you see as, ld , gcc are found in both catalogue
with only the differnce of prefix
powerpc-unknown-eabi.
What is the differnce between these two variants.

thanks

/Mohammmad

--- Vermeulen Jan <Jan.Vermeulen@siemens.atea.be>