Win32(MingGW)->ARM cross-compiling

Hi, I am new to the GCC cross-compiling world.

Can I build a cross-compiling environment from Win32(MingGW)-hosted to
ARM-targeted?
How to do it?

I use MingGW instead of Cygwin bec I think it can be independent of
cygwin.dll and also
MingGW seems to be not as heavy-loaded as Cygwin.

Any example, hint, or reference links are highly appreciated!

Chengwei Lin