RE: Using gcc under MS DevStudio?

  Famous last words.... <g> but by and large I reckon you'll be ok.

>It appears that method would even allow Visual Studio to use
>it's own makefile -- so that users could add/remove source
>files from the project using the normal methods.  Personally, I
>find that an IDE just slows me down...

  Well, I do really like the source browsing features of MSVC, they
genuinely
save time, but my general inclination is to agree with you.  My 'IDE' here
at work is a copy of the codewright editor and a dos command shell...

>--
>Grant Edwards
>grante@visi.com
>
>P.S.  Are you _the_ David Korn?   Tired of people asking that? ;)

  Well, it does crop up every now and again, but I'm not offended to be
asked.  Anyway, the answer is yes: I am *the* David Korn, and not to be
confused with that johnny-come-early impostor who wrote a Unix shell...

     DaveK
--
 We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you
call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com