Crosscompiling Python for sh4

HI,

  I'm trying to generate a binary of python for sh4
processor. i have all the cross compilers ( sh4-linux
*..). I have change dthe configure script to include
thses files instead of the gcc one's. after all the
modifications and i run autoconf on the configure.in
i'm still getting the binary that still works on the
intel based linux system. I'm new to this coding. is
there any body who have lived into a situation like
this though on a different processor. I just want to
know if what i'm doing is correct.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Phani Teja Sastry