Re: Crosscompiling Python for sh4

* Phani Teja Kuruganti <tejdot@yahoo.com> on Fri, Sep 28, 2001:

> HI,
>
>   I'm trying to generate a binary of python for sh4
> processor. i have all the cross compilers ( sh4-linux
> *..). I have change dthe configure script to include
> thses files instead of the gcc one's. after all the
> modifications and i run autoconf on the configure.in
> i'm still getting the binary that still works on the
> intel based linux system. I'm new to this coding. is
> there any body who have lived into a situation like
> this though on a different processor. I just want to
> know if what i'm doing is correct.

Make sure you specify that your primary C compiler is sh4-linux-gcc, the
easiest way to do this is by:

  # CC=sh4-linux-gcc ./configure ...

Also, since python uses autoconf, hopefully it's smart enough to include
the autoconf rules for cross-compiling.  You should hopefully be able to
do:

  # CC=sh4-linux-gcc ./configure ... --build=`arch`-linux --host=sh-linux

Reference the autoconf documentation for more details, I'm a bit sketchy at
the moment.

M. R.