Basic questions...

I'm kinda new to building a cross compiler......

I'm working on an Intel linux box, with gcc 2.95.3.  I need to build a cross
compiler for a Sparc, which will run on this box.

I'm trying to configure a sparc-elf compiler.  I used
"configure --prefix=/opt/cross --target=sparc-elf --host=i586-pc-linux-gnu
--build=i586-pc-linux-gnu sparc-elf"

to configure this, which all seemed to work, OK.

When I do a "make all" for it, things go good for probably about an hour.

Finally, I will get down to a point where its trying to generate a libF2c
library, I assumed for the target machine.  When it does this, though, it
attempts to use the xgcc compiler that it was in  the process of building,
and then tries to execute code that was produced by that compiler......

Thats not ging to work when it trys to run Sparc code on an Intel box.

Continueing on, it then moves to boerm-gc, and trys to build that, using the
xgcc compiler, as well.  Is the boerm-gc module used by the target system, as
a function that is linked in?  I assumed that it was only for the host
system, which is Intel.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks-
David Dudley