Re: i686-linux to sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 cross compile problems

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:31:53 -0800
David Thompson <David.Thompson@efi.com> wrote:

> > Thanks a lot my frient! You were absolutely correct! Well now I have
> > another small problem... :-( I have a directory about 60MB of software
> > that produces software I cannot run on linux but I cannot
> > make it compile
> > anything :-( I tried using --target=... on  configure but it
> > configures
> > everything to use my normal gcc. What more does it want? Thanks again!
>
> What is the file format of the executables?  What does 'file gcc' say?
>
> In my script I sent you, setting the PATH was very important.
> I can try to help, but you'll have to be more specific.
>
> Try posting your exact sequence of commands you execute to the
> crossgcc mailing list.  I'd post your log, too.  That is, if you
> execute the modified version of that script I sent you,
>
>   sh -x build-xdev.sh 2>&1 | tee build.log
>
> Send the build.log as an attachement to crossgcc mailing list.
>
> --
> David

Probably I wasn't very specific. Gcc compiled ok. Also binutils and
newlib. Now let's say I want to compile windowmaker... I download the
tar.gz file, I unpack it and then? I tried ./configure --target=... but it
didn't work. Sorry about my bad english... Thanks about the immediate
response...