Re: m68k-unknown-coff

Thank you very much for your response. If I understood
you well, the proper order of porting would be:

1. Building GCC tools for Motorola using uclibc
2. Building kernel using uclibc

I should use uclibc INSTEAD of newlib and glibc,
right?

"Mysterious processor" is not available at the market
yet (not that I know), it is a startup project. I am
not aware of a board with this processor. I suppose I
should be able to generate "bare bones" kernel for the
processor+memory and to run it on available simulator.
Then I would try to add components and create a board.
Right now, I am interested only in having uClinux
kernel working properly on bare processor with some
memory.

Therefore, I would do this:

1. Generate GCC tools with uclibc for M68k
2. Generate uClinux kernel for bare M68k
3. After previous success, generate kernel for
"mysterious processor" using M68k makefiles BUT with
specific tools and with changes in assembly code.
4. (Far future from now: generate GCC for this
processor having machine description files.)

Please review this procedure. My main point is in
library: shall I use uclibc if I want to build uClinux
kernel?

Thanks and regards,
NGC