Building cross compiler for m68k target on Mac OS X (Darwin)

Hi all,
This is my first post to this list.

I am trying to build GCC for a m68k (68332) target on a OS X (Darwin UNIX)
host. So far I have been to http://www.fiddes.net/coldfire/gcc.htm and
downloaded the source for binutils, gcc, newlib, and the gcc-m68k build
script.

>From reading the build script I notice that it will only automatically
detect Linux or Windows platforms.

Can any one give me advice if this will build correctly on my host? Any
advice on how to proceed from here would be great.

Sorry to be such a newbie, but although I have used the GNU tools a lot in
the past, this is my first time building from scratch ;-)

Thanks for any and all assistance,
Kind regards,
James Fitzsimons