Win32 GCC for FR30

My goal is a Win32-hosted toolchain for the FR30, preferably native
(i.e., mno-cygwin or MinGW).  I have available the Fujitsu "Softune"
suite, including an assembler and linker.  There is no exact ranlib
equivalent, however, and I am not at all adverse to the idea of using a
complete binutils/newlib toolchain.

I have read the mailing list archives, the old FAQ, the new alpha FAQ.
I've tried using GCC's from 2.95.3 through the latest CVS snapshot.  As
Roseanne Roseannadanna said, it's always something.

The closest I have come is a Linux-hosted xgcc based on 3.0.4.  This if
fine for experimentation, and even for modifying the back end to
generate Fujitsu-tool-compatible assembly language, if necessary.
However, ultimately this must all run under Windoze, and given that it
would be best if we did not need to include a cygwin install as a
subtask, nor overlay the build process with <drive>:\<path> <->
/cygdrive/<drive>/<path> filename hacking.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Scott Marks