glibc failure on a cross platform tool chain building process

Dear All,

I am trying to build a cross toolchain for AtheOS(www.atheos.cx) on Linux
platform.

I met some tricky problems when I was building glibc. Of course, I have
already succesfully built the inutils, and a bootstrap verison gcc with only
c language support.  Unfortunately, the glibc building process stopped while
building libreslov. The static library libresolv_pic.a' was generated
successfully, however,  the 'libresolv.so' shared library doesn't, the
compile complained "Undefined reference to: `__lock_lock'" and "Undefined
reference to: `__lock_unlock'" couple times. But if I use "nm ../libc.so |
grep __lock_lock", there is clearly __lock_lock symbol defined.  And,
certainly "../libc.so" is clearly included as a binary in the "gcc -shared
.." command to generate libresolv.so.

I am wondering how come the linker can not find __lock_lock in libc.so if it
is there! Any other better ways to figure out a solution? I appreciate any
suggestion very much! Thanks!

-Ling