Re: What should be the prefix for the platform specific package

> I build my projects for several cross-platforms on PC Linux RedHat 6.2.
> So I want to make the optimal dir-tree.

> When I build and install binutils with following configuration:
> configure --target=mipsel-linux --prefix=/usr/local/mipsel-linux ...

> The question is:
> If the prefix will:
> --prefix=/usr/local
> what will happen with native libraries in:
> /usr/local/lib
> that have the same name as the cross-specific libraries?

They shouldn't be touched.  Target-specific libraries (such as those
generated by cross-building newlib) will end up in
/usr/local/mipsel-linux/lib, and the accompanying include files will end up
in /usr/local/mipsel-linux/include.

You will see a few additions to /usr/local/lib, but these are bfd libraries
which can be used to build specialized cross-development tools.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.