ELDK on Cygwin? gcc3.x for ELDK? ELDK period?

Hi all,
after my traumatic day getting a cross gcc3.0.2 to build on Cygwin,
I'm a bit mystified.  Several other people have done cross gcc's
on Cygwin before -- how come they didn't run into these problems?
I must just be unlucky.

So maybe I should stop trying to put together my own builds of gcc
altogether.  Hmm, what's the best ready-to-use cross-gcc setup
around?  Looks like ELDK is a good candidate.  I don't know of
any ELDK mailing list (Wolfgang, did I miss something obvious?)
so I'll ask here:

* Has anyone ever built ELDK on Cygwin?
* Is anyone working on a gcc3.0.x (or later) packager for ELDK?
* Has anyone started adding sh4 support to ELDK?

These are all things I'd be very interested in seeing, and even
perhaps implementing.  I can't really try out ELDK until it
supports gcc3.0.2, so that's what I'd try doing first if I were
to put energy into it.

My goal is to get out of the gcc cross compiler business,
and I'm hoping that switching to using ELDK would be a step
towards that goal.  I guess I'm assuming that there's an ELDK
community that contributes improvements and such.  Or has anyone yet?

I'd also kinda like to see ELDK or something like it become available
as part of the Debian and Cygwin distributions, but that's not as
important to me -- I can suffer through whacky custom RPM installation
procedures...

- Dan